- ENTJ: The Commander
- ENTJ Meaning
- ENTJ Traits
- ENTJ Strengths and Weaknesses
- ENTJ Cognitive Functions (Functional Stack)
- ENTJs and Work/Career
- Famous ENTJs
- ENTJ Hobbies
- ENTJ Quotes
- ENTJ-A versus ENTJ-T
- Next Steps
- List of Famous People With ENTJ Personality
- ACTORS & PERFORMERS
- FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
- ENTJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- What to expect in MBTI personality test?
- History of MBTI
- Core of MBTI (Myers Briggs Personality Theory)
- 1.Extraversion vs Introversion
- 2.Sensing vs Intuition
- 3.Thinking vs Feeling
- 4.Judging vs Perceiving
- 16 Myers and Briggs Personality Types
- Characteristics of ENTJ Personality:
- Career for ENTP Personality
- Famous Personalities with ENTP
- Frequently Asked Questions for ENTJ
- Recommended Books
- ENTJ Personality Type Handbook: Commander
- The list below includes some of the best jobs and career paths for ENTJs
- Common Hobbies and Interests for ENTJs
- How to Interact and Communicate with ENTJs
ENTJ: The Commander
The ENTJ, or “The Commander”, thrives on pressure and loves to make tough calls and big decisions. This is reflected in their working life as well as their personal life. Their sharp eye for detail and quick wits enable them to make important judgments and decisions in an informed and efficient manner.
In this article, we will get to know and understand the ENTJ a little better so that anyone who has tested as an ENTJ will have a good insight into their strengths, weaknesses and cognitive functions!
The ENTJ, or the Commander, is one of the of the “16 personality types” that we see in several different models the work of Carl Jung. These models include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Keirsey Temperament Sorter, among others.
ENTJ represents an individual who is Extraverted, iNtuitive, Thinking and Judging. This means that those who test as an ENTJ are ly to be energized by spending time with others, focus on ideas and concepts, make decisions logic and reason, and prefers to be planned and organized.
Driven, determined and charismatic, ENTJs are one of a kind. ENTJs will work tirelessly to achieve their goals. Where there is a will there is a way as far as an ENTJ is concerned and there is no time for inefficiency.
ENTJs are also characterized by a ruthless level of rationality. To other types, who are perhaps more timid, ENTJs can overwhelm them and appear insensitive and uncaring.
They get their nickname, “The Commander” because they are natural born leaders. Commanders are excellent at taking charge and paving the way for others. Generally, ENTJs have high standards, know what they want and will push others to do the same.
ENTJ Strengths and Weaknesses
As you might expect from a personality type so well suited to leadership, ENTJs are incredibly work-oriented and are voraciously ambitious when climbing the career ladder. They are also able to take the long view, analyzing any given situation and deciding ahead of time how best to achieve their goals.
There are few things that an ENTJ personality type s less than mistakes and inefficiency. They tend to go about their day-to-day tasks with a great deal of precision and expect others to do the same. That said, they are also engaging and good communicators, so they can organize others into a concerted effort.
This precision and efficiency is also directed internally, enabling an ENTJ personality type to wield significant amounts of personal discipline in their own lives. This is one reason why ENTJs make such great leaders and why they are often able to get the best results those who work around them and for them.
ENTJ Cognitive Functions (Functional Stack)
Each of the 16 personality types has four cognitive functions, as introduced by Carl Jung.
These functions are the two scales of Sensing-Intuition (used to process information) and Thinking-Feeling (used to make decisions), each of which can be expressed both in an extraverted manner (e.g., displayed outwardly/externally) or an introverted manner (e.g.
, displayed inwardly or internally). The ENTJ has a ‘Te, Si, Ne, Fi” cognitive stack. However, they are called the ‘TeSi” due to their top two functions. This cognitive stacks means that:
- Dominant: Te (extroverted Thinking) is the primary way that ENTJs interact with the world around them. It encourages them to be efficient, get things done and make logical decisions in the moment.
- Auxiliary: Ni (iNtroverted intuition) means that ENTJs are able to see 10 steps ahead and predict what might happen in the future. It also always the ENTJ to access many parts of their brain to find solutions.
- Tertiary: Se (extroverted iNtuition) is the cognitive function that means the ENTJ craves new experiences and idea. They can use their details and knowledge gathered from previous experiences, to create plans for new and exciting things.
- Inferior: Fi (introverted Feeling) helps ENTJs to assess situations and see how they match up to their belief. This cognitive function allows ESTJs to be sensitive to the values and feelings of those around them.
ENTJs and Work/Career
ENTJs aren’t nicknamed “Commanders” for no reason. Due to their ambition and assertiveness, ENTJs often rise to positions of powers where they can lead from the front.
Similarly, ENTJs are goal setters and are ly to thrive in positions where they can work towards goals, and inspire others to do so too. Careers in sales or real estate, are ly to suit ENTJs, for example.
Importantly, ENTJs are not ly to perform too well on the lowest rung of the ladder. They do not being told what to do, particularly if they can see errors being made higher up.
Check out our comprehensive page on ENTJ careers to see more job titles specific to ENTJs.
The ENTJ is one of the least common personality types, making up only 2% of the general population! Some examples of famous ENTJs include:
- Margaret Thatcher
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Carl Sagan
- David Letterman
- Douglas McArthur
- Harrison Thord
- Julius Caesar
- Bill Gates
- Bernie Sanders
- Sports – both supporting their favorite sports team and participating in sports
- Sharpening their professional skills
- Networking, often for career advancement
- Reading interior design magazines
- Reflecting on their goals in a journal
“I would rather be first in a village than second in Rome.”
– Julius Caesar
“I am definitely attracted to characters that [are] tough, and you have to break through that exterior.”
– Charlize Theron
“I to work fast. I to keep moving forward.”
– Michael Douglas
“My… style requires tremendous energy and labor.”
– Garry Kasparov
“A nation that prefers disgrace to danger is prepared for a master and deserves one.”
– Alexander Hamilton
ENTJ-A versus ENTJ-T
Those who score as an ENTJ will sit somewhere on the identity scale, ranging from assertive (A) to turbulent (T). The ENTJ-A is ly to be very confident and price themselves on who they are. When they encounter obstacles, they tend to see the opportunity for growth and learning, which makes them strong leaders.
The ENTJ-T are less confident than their assertive cousins. However, ENTJ-As can sometime appear impatient or inconsiderate. Whereas the ENTJ-T has the ability to recognize and understand the emotions of others. In general, ENTJ-Ts tend to be more considerate and empathetic!
The Career Project can help you find rewarding work that is well suited to the skills and abilities of an ENTJ. Browse our career guides to learn about different career options. Or, check out our job profiles, which are informational interviews with real-world professionals sharing their “inside scoop” on what their job is really .
Finally, for more about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, read our first post in this series.
List of Famous People With ENTJ Personality
ENTJ (Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging) is one of the sixteen personality types of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test.
ENTJs are natural leaders and strategists. Forceful and decisive, they enjoy nothing more than analyzing situations and coming up with plans, whether battle plans or business plans, to solve them.
ENTJs are naturally drawn to leadership positions, and can become resentful and unhappy if they’re forced to play second fiddle or if their authority is challenged. They can be curt and dismissive of others’ opinions, and rarely waste time considering the feelings of those around them.
But ENTJs’ determination and analytical abilities often propel them to great success in life. Here are some of history’s most famous people and celebrities who fall into the ENTJ type.
Franklin D. Roosevelt src
Alexander Hamilton src
Margaret Thatcher src
Politics is a natural outlet for ENTJs’ ambitions, although their difficulty in compromising can be a stumbling block.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, U.S. President. source
- Richard M. Nixon, U.S. President. source
- Alexander Hamilton, U.S. Founder. source
- Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister. source
- Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister. source
- Elizabeth I, Queen of England. source
- Julius Caesar, Roman general and Emperor. source
- Napoleon Bonaparte, Italian-French general, emperor, and king. source
- Angela Merkel, German chancellor. source
- Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Turkish President. source
- Newt Gingrich, U.S. Speaker of the House. source
- Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Speaker of the House. source
- Karl Rove, U.S. political strategist. source
- Rahm Emanuel, U.S. White House chief of staff and mayor of Chicago. source
- Aung San Suu Kyi, Burmese democracy activist. source
- Hermann Goering, German military and political leader. source
- Hannibal Barca, Carthaginian general. source
- Rush Limbaugh, U.S. radio host and activist. source
Warren Buffett src
Bill Gates src
Steve Jobs src
ENTJs can also be highly effective entrepreneurs.
- Bill Gates, U.S. entrepreneur and philanthropist. source
- Warren Buffett, U.S. investor. source
- Steve Jobs, U.S. entrepreneur. source
- Jack Welch, U.S. CEO. source
ACTORS & PERFORMERS
George Clooney src
Harrison Ford src
Salma Hayek src
ENTJ actors work hard to advance their careers and never miss an opportunity.
- George Clooney, U.S. actor. source
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian actor and politician. source
- Harrison Ford, U.S. actor. source
- Jim Carrey, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Charlize Theron, South African actress. source
- Robert Downey Jr., U.S. actor. source
- Dwayne Johnson, U.S. wrestler and actor. source
- Matt Damon, U.S. actor. source
- Patrick Stewart, English actor. source
- Jay Leno, U.S. comedian and talk show host. source
- Jamie Foxx, U.S. comedian and actor. source
- Steve Martin, U.S. comedian, writer, and actor. source
- Katharine Hepburn, U.S. actress. source
- David Letterman, U.S. comedian and talk show host. source
- Quentin Tarantino, U.S. director. source
- Steve Buscemi, U.S. actor. source
- Salma Hayek, Mexican-American actress. source
- Peter Sellers, English actor. source
- Penn Jillette, U.S. magician and actor. source
- William H. Macy, U.S. actor. source
- Candace Bergen, U.S. actress. source
- Richard Dean Anderson, U.S. actor. source
Carl Sagan src
Wernher von Braun src
Edward Teller src
ENTJs aren’t natural scientists — they’re doers rather than thinkers. Some do achieve prominence in this field, however.
- Carl Sagan, U.S. astronomer. source
- Werner von Braun, German engineer. source
- Edward Teller, Hungarian physicist. source
- Murray Rothbard, U.S. economist. source
Boomer Esiason src
Greg Maddux src
ENTJs are great field generals, particularly suited to being coaches or quarterbacks.
- Vince Lombardi, U.S. football coach. source
- Steve Young, U.S. quarterback. source
- Greg Maddux, U.S. pitcher. source
- Boomer Esiason, U.S. quarterback and broadcaster. source
- Ryne Sandberg, U.S. second baseman. source
- Pau Gasol, Spanish power forward/center. source
- Garry Kasparov, Russian chess grandmaster. source
ENTJ writers tend to focus on positive, inspiring books.
- Sheryl Sandberg, U.S. COO and author. source
- Robert James Waller, U.S. author. source
Gene Simmons src
Whatever type of music they produce, ENTJ musicians are always determined to be the best.
- Adele, English singer. source
- Gene Simmons, U.S. rock musician. source
- Ice-T, U.S. rapper and actor. source
- David Geffen, U.S. music and film producer. source
- Steve Vai, U.S. guitarist. source
Frank Underwood src
Princess Leia Organa src
Lady Mary Crawley src
Just for fun, here are some characters from movies, TV, and books who fit the ENTJ type!
- King Claudius from Hamlet. source
- Falstaff from Shakespeare’s histories. source
- Lex Luthor, Superman’s arch-enemy. source
- Tom Riddle, aka Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter books and movies. source
- Imperator Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. source
- Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones. source
- Claire and Frank Underwood from House of Cards. source
- Princess Leia Organa of Star Wars. source
- Lady Mary Crawley of Downton Abbey. source
- Irene Adler, Sherlock Holmes’s foil from Elementary and Sherlock. source
- Raymond Reddington from The Blacklist. source
I was first introduced to the Myers Briggs types a few years ago by my girlfriend. Finding out why I behaved a certain way was reassuring. I created this site so you can have fun and learn more about your personality. If you are curious, I have always tested INTJ.
ENTJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
In this brief guide, ENTJ will be discussed in detail, along with MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) personality test, ENTJ characteristics, strengths/weaknesses, career options for ENTJ and famous personalities with ENTJ.
ENTJ is part of the 16 personality types given by Myer Briggs, these personality types can be assessed over here.
The test of personality given by Myers Briggs is MBTI, which has four main domains of personality.
These four domains have opposing trait on the end of each continuum, which constitutes 16 personality types.
ENTJ is the type of personality, in which the person is more focused on his innovative ideas.
ENTJ’s feel energized when surrounded by people and utilize their rationality in solving problems around them.
ENTJs are organized, particular and follow routines.
To get to know ENTJ personality type in details, it is necessary to know the origin of ENTJ, how it is assessed and what are the other types of personality.
What to expect in MBTI personality test?
In MBTI personality test which is the psychological assessment, helps the person to decide which career option is best for them.
The personality test is the four core idea and the psychological dimensions introduced by Briggs.
You can also get to know which professions are best for you on the basis of scores you got from here (Myers Briggs types).
This consists of 16 personality types and four core domains of personality which lie on the continuum at one side of the continuum is the dimension opposite to the other side of the continuum.
Such as, if Extroversion, which means a person s to be outgoing and enjoy social gatherings have Introversion at the other side of the continuum.
Either the person lies on one side or the other, which means that anyone domain will be dominant than the other.
According to these scores, the personality types will be extracted, which helps in understanding one’s own personality and preferences in personal and professional lives.
In the age of advancement, people are unable to decide which profession to choose, because there are a number of options available out there and deciding any one profession requires clear thinking.
People get confused when they try to subjectively assess themselves and gets biased results.
MBTI personality test will solve the problem for you and it will be a matter of a few minutes that you will get the accurate results.
History of MBTI
Katherine Briggs was fascinated and impressed by the work of Carl Jung and his theory regarding personality types.
She came up with the idea to simplify the complexity of the theory and to make use of the significant contribution of Jung to make it understandable for the layman.
This motivation helped her, and she simplified his theory and adapted it into MBTI.
She was enthusiastic about the idea that the regular person must be able to assess his own self.
After the death of Katherine, her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers continued to work on her mother’s passion and became interested in the work.
In the times of WWII, she finally used the theory and developed the MBTI assessment to categorize people into 16 different personality domains.
Core of MBTI (Myers Briggs Personality Theory)
The theory describes four core domains which lies on a continuum where one domain is opposing to the other side of the domain.
This is also known as dichotomous domains. The initial domains are the writings of Jung, while the last domain was added by Katherine Briggs.
- Extraversion vs Introversion
- Sensing vs Intuition
- Thinking vs Feeling
- Judging vs Perceiving
Let’s cover these four core domains in detail:
1.Extraversion vs Introversion
This says that the person high on extraversion s to join people and participate in gatherings.
As well as he feels recharged in the presence of others around.
While the introvert tries to keep to himself and spend alone time, as well as they are quite reflective throughout the day.
2.Sensing vs Intuition
Some people collect the information from the environment directly by their enhanced use of sensation.
They use their five senses to make sense of the world.
While the intuitive is more imaginative, dreamy, and innovative about the surroundings and what they mean.
3.Thinking vs Feeling
If you consider yourself a thinker, then you must be considering the logic behind everything and go for the right solution.
While feelers use their hearts more than their heads.
The person high on feelings understands the situations on the basis of emotions, and consider others.
4.Judging vs Perceiving
If you have seen someone organized, structured, following schedules then you already have came across the person dominant on judging.
Whereas the person high on perceiving, they consider things as open, flexible and easy-going.
MBTI says that you are either on one side of the continuum or the other.
Ones you will be tested on MBTI, your scores will give you your four preferences using four initial letters, such as “INFJ”, which shows Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judging as dominant types.
16 Myers and Briggs Personality Types
As discussed before, the MBTI gives 16 personality domains, four domains of personality.
These four domains combine in 16 different ways and describe the type of personality according to their preference.
Someone more on judging is more organized, and plan ahead and maybe not comfortable with being spontaneous.
There is a good piece of writing which extends the learning.
MBTI talks about the interaction of four core domains between then, which gives an extended version of one’s personality.
This understanding regarding oneself is fruitful in a way of deciding the career, and right profession.
The person gets to know the flavours of his personality.
Whereas there are a lot of other tools available for the personality assessment, such as enneagram, and Big Five, but they just give a brief idea about personality.
Following are 16 MBTI domains, for details please follow the links below:
- ENTJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- INTJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- ENTP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
- INTP (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ENFJ (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
- INFJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
- ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
- INFP (Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ESTJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)
- ISTJ (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)
- ESFJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)
- ISFJ (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)
- ESTP (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ISTP (Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ESFP (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ISFP (Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ENTJ: This type shows the capabilities of being a passionate, energetic, logical commander
- INTJ: This type shows the innovation, and logical thinking to keep things in structure while keeping the focus to oneself.
- ENTP: They are innovators and comes up with unique solutions to the hurdles.
- INTP: This type of personality can be more logical and innovative and creative in their solutions.
- ENFJ: More inclined towards humanity and keeps up the value system, while keeping themselves organized.
- INFJ: They are more organized in their thinking patterns as well as creative and achieve well when being alone.
- ENFP: They feel more energized when surrounded by others, stay in in touch with the feelings of others around, and are flexible in their planning.
- INFP: These personalities are driven by values and beliefs.
- ESTJ: They are passionate and hard-working, they make sure to get the results.
- ISTJ: They are organized, responsible and are fixer of catastrophes.
- ESFJ: They consider the feelings of others and try to fulfil their responsibilities.
- ISFJ: These are the ones, consider taking care of others around and follow the tradition and prove loyalties.
- ESTP: They are energetic and make sure to get the results they desire.
- ISTP: They are good at solving the problems and practical in their approach.
- ESFP: They are good to have in the surroundings to keep people energetic and entertained, they love life.
- ISFP: They are the ones who enjoy being in the moment with them and are passionate.
Characteristics of ENTJ Personality:
ENTJ are inborn leaders and strive to stay in the commanding position.
Their main personality traits are charisma and confidence, which makes them successful in achieving their goals.
They are also extremely rational and this aspect makes them to let go of sensitivity from their personality.
They feel happy when they are achieving what they targeted for, and good in commanding others to make a team.
ENTJ are not having good emotional expressions but they can get things done.
Sometimes the lack of emotional expression is explained by ENTJs as the sign of weakness.
Strength and Weaknesses:
As we discussed before, no personality type is perfect each personality type has some strengths and weaknesses.
ENTJ are efficient, this is the best utilization of their energy and make full use of it in meeting the goals they have made.
This ability of their helps them in staying rational as well as staying active.
ENTJ are energetic and don’t want to be around the lazy as well.
They are energized and implement their plans by keeping the team in high energy levels
ENTJ are self-confident and this confidence is shown in their determination of achieving their goals.
They believe in their capabilities and keep developing them.
ENTJ are strong willed and keep going towards the goal they always wished to achieve.
This attitude of overcoming obstacles is so ingrained in them that they don’t want to quit, once started it.
ENTJ are strategic thinker, which gives them a commanding position, and they successfully achieve what they want. Their rationality helps them.
ENTJ are dominating and stubborn, as they gets too much focused on the goal and achieving them.
They come out to be stubborn and dominant for others and the team they have, sometimes dis them.
ENTJ are intolerant of criticism and consider the comments as unsupportive and hesitant in taking others opinions.
ENTJ are impatient and need the results and are unable to wait for new ideas and consider others thinking as stupidity and wasting time.
Career for ENTP Personality
ENTP is good in pursuing the following careers:
Famous Personalities with ENTP
The few most famous personalities identified as ENTP are:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
ENTJ is the one type of 16 personalities given by MBTI.
The test was introduced by Briggs and assess the dominant part of a person’s personality.
ENTJ is more focused on their ideas and knowledge about the facts. They are less flexible and gets stick to their ideas and ideals.
The person with ENTJ personality can do well in the professions of teaching, law, commanding positions, and scientists.
Side Note: I have tried and tested various products and services to help with my anxiety and depression. See my top recommendations here, as well as a full list of all products and services our team has tested for various mental health conditions and general wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions for ENTJ
ENFJ means, the personality is extroverted, intuitive, feeling and judging as main parts.
ENFJ is one type among the 16 personality types given in MBTI.
ENTJ is not the rarest type, 1 among 18 males is ENTJ and 5.5% of male in population are ENTJ. ENTJ is rarest in female.
ENTJ should marry INTP and ISTP.
Yes, ENTJ are arrogant and more focused on their own ideas and goals.
Please feel free to ask questions and give your comments and suggestions in the comments section below.
Free Personality Test
Katherine and Isabel: Mother’s Light, Daughter’s Journey
ENFJ On Fire: Utilize Your Gifts, Change The World and Thrive as an ENFJ
ENFJ: Understand And Break Free From Your Own Limitations
The True ENFJ (The True Guides to the Personality Types Book 3)
ENFJ: Understand And Master Your Own Powers
What’s Your Type?: The Strange History of Myers-Briggs and the Birth of Personality Testing
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
Let us know if you d the post. That’s the only way we can improve.
ENTJ Personality Type Handbook: Commander
No other personality type enjoys communicating with other people, leading them, and being in the spotlight, as Commanders do. There are two qualities that support their love for order and structure on the way to achieving goals.
Firstly, they have a great capability to assess the situation and develop detailed plans this analysis. Secondly, they are good at delegating tasks to people for making these plans happen.
As we have said before, they have an inherent talent for leadership roles, and no other personality type enjoys it better than the ENTJ personality type. When they put together their determination, vision, and discipline, they are the powerhouse of the company, institution, or organization they lead.
Any top position is suitable for Commanders. Being on the top means opening new horizons, exploring new ideas, and directing their subordinates towards the paths they foresee.
What ENTJs hate is inefficiency, lack of motivation, and procrastination. When they notice such behavior, they will do whatever it takes to eradicate it.
ENTJs are excellent communicators too. They convey their ideas clearly and leave nothing to chance. They don’t mind explaining things and always go straight to the point. What’s particularly interesting about ENTJs is their need to learn. They see communication as one of the ways to be up to date with the new trends.
The list below includes some of the best jobs and career paths for ENTJs
- Company CEO or General Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- University Professor
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Public Leader
- Software Developer
Common Hobbies and Interests for ENTJs
Since ENTJs are adventure-seekers with a significantly enhanced extroverted trait, the following list of hobbies and interests will suit them the best:
- Rock climbing
- Event organizing
- Drawing up designs
- Board Games
- Traveling and exploring
How to Interact and Communicate with ENTJs
ENTJs are highly communicative people with strong abilities to engage in social environments. Their charm and charisma hardly go unnoticed, and people love listening to them. As in other spheres of their lives, ENTJs preferences will more ly lead philosophical discussions and theorize on big ideas.
Hanging out with ENTJs is rarely dull and monotonous. They are fun-loving, adventurous people who don’t get satisfied with mundane social gatherings. They have an inner drive to do something outstanding.
On the other hand, their winning nature makes them look pushy and confrontational, especially when trying to win an argument.
They often ignore other people’s feelings and prioritize logic over sentiment. So it might be hard at times to find support from ENTJs for personal, emotional issues.
Don’t take it personally as they struggle to understand you as well. And, if you don’t share their ideas and points of view, they might equally ignore you, which, at times, is a much better alternative.
ENTJs parents are generally demanding and strict parents who take their parenting roles as seriously as everything else in their lives. Parenting on its own is a challenging task for them.
Their high standards, set of rules, and criticism come together with the struggle to respond emotionally to sentimental children. They often do everything within their limits to see their children grow into successful, strong individuals with independent, intellectual and rational mindsets.
Yet ENTJ parents need to realize that their children need to understand and discuss feelings. Otherwise, their children might get the feeling of being emotionally deprived and neglected.
Parents of ENTJ children, on the other hand, should bear in mind that their children are logic-driven individuals who seek understanding and logical explanation behind everything. These children are naturally curious and demanding.
So failing to satisfy their thirst for knowledge and reasoning may result in disobeying rules and following their self-imposed principles, especially during teenagers years.
These parents are advised to maintain peace and order in their household by establishing rules and always being ready to respond to their children’s intellectual inquiries.
It is also advisable to nurture the emotional side of the ENTJs kids by openly talking about feelings. It will allow them to understand their own and other people’s emotions.
A relationship with an ENTJ is mutual respect, logic, and understanding, if both partners share the same ideas and goals.
Naturally, the ENTJ dominates the relationship with their innate leadership talent. They are very committed to the relationships they are in and will usually give their best to make them work.
The problems in the relationships with an ENTJ typically occur for two reasons. Firstly, it can be caused by their insensitivity to their partner’s emotional needs and, secondly, by the ENTJs lack of capacity to express their own feelings.
At times, it might look as if they have no feelings whatsoever, but that’s just the inability to demonstrate them. The best way to make a relationship with ENTJ is to openly discuss the issues that bother you. ENTJs are not good at guessing what’s wrong, but they are professionals in fixing the problems.
ENTJ personality types are dedicated to perform well in any working environment, enhance their skills, and improve their performance. They take the initiative, assert their opinions, and grasp new concepts with enthusiasm and energy.
All recommended ENTJ careers include jobs that motivate ENTJs to exercise their leadership, organizational, and communicative skills.
If they work in a subordinate position, they would do tasks efficiently, provided they are given clear instructions. If the job doesn’t require much involvement from their side, they can quickly lose interest and become absentminded.
The best way to keep them busy is to give them challenging tasks.
When working with an ENTJ, especially when they are in a managerial position, it is advisable to be as efficient and effective as possible. They will deem you worthy so as long as you keep yourself up to the standards they set.